Brekkie at Ferny Hill Retreat is free. For those who don’t know, ‘brekkie’ is what we Australians call breakfast. So what do you get?
- A selection of fresh fruits, according to what is in season
- A selection of cereals
- Museli (no nuts, wheat, etc). Great for anyone with food allergies.
- A crusty loaf of bread
- Jams, honey, marmelaid and, of course, vegemite
- Yogurt (no added sugar or artificial stuff)
- Fruit juice (no added sugar or artificial stuff)
- Milk and a variety of sweeteners
- A wide range of teas (i.e. herbal, green, English Breakfast), and
- Several types of coffee pods to choose from.
Just about anyone can make a yummy, filling breakfast from those ingredients!
Cooking for yourselves?
Along with breakfast provisions, we offer a small range of staples for guests who choose to cook, rather than dine out. Our kitchen is fully equipped and has been particularly popular with:
- people travelling on a budget
- families with children, and
- guests who really want to get away from it all and prefer to stay at ‘home’.
Guests have at their disposal:
- Sandwich maker
- Rice Cooker
- Full size fridge
- Storage containers
- Kitchen utensils, knives and cutlery
- Baking and roasting trays for the oven
- Napkins, oven mitts and tea towels
- Crockery, including unbreakable ones for children
- Glasses and mugs
- Access to our herb garden – pick anything you like, and
- There’s even an apron.
What more could you need? 🙂