This screen is mounted on the front wall at Ferny Hill Retreat. It’s the first thing you see as you enter the driveway and it really packs a visual punch!
This was very easy and cost effective to make. Anyone with a can of paint and a few screws can do it!
Five easy steps
- Purchase a screen of your choice. We used one that’s made of 100% recycled plastic. Not only does it look great, it’s fine for the environment too. You can buy these from hardware stores or online.
- Purchase marine grade plywood for the backing. Most hardware stores will cut this to size for you.
- Paint the plywood with 2 or 3 coats of quality exterior paint in a colour that suits your home. We chose lime green because it works with our overall scheme and has visual impact.
- Make sure you paint the front, rear and all sides of the marine ply.
- Screw the plywood and screen to the wall, starting with the four corners. Ensure it is level. This is a 2 person job if it’s a large screen or will be positioned up high. Take care if using a ladder.
And that’s all there is to it. Told ya it was easy!
We’d love to hear from you if try this idea.